Veranda Views had me excited from the start, because I love to spend time in the garden. Fabric selection was pretty easy. I had a few pieces in mind and just added to them.
Then I stitched it all together and didn't like the end result. It was way too busy with all the different fabric and the stitchery was lost. I took it apart (January 2010) and used the pieces for Quilters' Compost.
Since then, I selected three fabrics that went nicely together and hoped for the best. It only took a little over a year to attempt it a second time, but it turned out much better than the first time and the focus remains on the stitchery.
|Click on photo for clearer image.|
I did change it some from the original pattern by adding more sashing and I tried not to increase the overall quilt size too much, so as not to tip the balance. It looks nicer in person then in the photo and I am pretty sure I will not be taking it apart again.