Thursday, September 9, 2010

Art, Gift and Other Bits



September is a very good time of year to fall back into reading.  With autumn just days away, it is the perfect season to snuggle up in a comfy chair with a good book.   A little adventurous with my latest purchase, I look forward to exploring the unknown.  

 

Last week I received a very lovely gift in the mail from Sheila, a wonderful selection of tea and two beautiful coasters featuring birds of Australia.  I will treasure my coasters and think of Sheila each time I place my teacup upon them. 

Thank you Sheila!



134 Klosjes Completed

I can't believe I didn't make any klosjes in August, and then again, I can't believe August is already over!  So, to be sure September doesn't pass by without any klosjes, I made one today. 


These days, I am seeing hexagons and clamshells in my sleep, with lots of prep work going on.  A stitchery block half completed and a finished quilt top that I started a year ago.  I have added some applique and now I am deciding how to quilt it.  I hope to finish it soon so I can remove another project from my list.

Until next time.....happy quilting!

Karen



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your klosje is beau-ti-ful Karen, such a wonderful deep autumly colour. Congrats on 134 klosjes and all the other things you are doing - very inspiring.

You will love what you are about to read!!!

katrien said...

lovely klosje,good luck with the hexaflowers and clamshells.

Quiltpassion.blogspot.com said...

One klosje, but a lovely one, and you made many till now, 134! Wonderful presents and nice books to read, you won't be bored!
Have a nice day, Cisca

Saskia said...

you made one in September. My count is still zero..
And I'm going shopping today, so I need a new book too to snuggle up the couch with!

Betsy said...

The books look great Karen.
great klosje.

Joan said...

You seem to be busy with you Klosjie, Clamshells and hexagons. Its good to see you again Karen :)

Crispy said...

It would be interesting to thumb through those books. For some reason I just don't understand "art" type quilts. Hey, one block is better than none :0)

Crispy

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt block is wonderful. I too am seeing hexagons as I am in the One Flower Wednesday group. Your books look very interesting.

Yvette said...

Every time I see one of your Klosjes it makes me want to make one. I love them!

Marieke said...

And it is a beautiful klosje and very appropriate for the time of the year. September will not be klosjes-less for you! :-)

Cathi said...

Perfect colour of a klosje for this time of year! You're ahead of me -- I haven't made one in September yet. The clamshell variations seem to have me captivated!

Jossie said...

Nice klosje Karen. That is one closer to a finished top ;-) The books look good for some comfy evenings. I am also getting this autumn feeling nice and cosy in my chair with all my treasures around me.
What a lovely surprise Sheila sent you.

Gerda Hartman said...

I am very fond of reading too, and tea! Have a nice day.

Wendy said...

I'm looking forward to the fall but you're right where did the summer go?
Enjoy your book.

A Colorful World said...

The klosje is a spool...I am curious where it got the interesting name!