Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Road Trip


It is time for a road trip and I am pretty sure it will include lots and lots of quilt shops.  But, will I be able to stick to my Quilters' Diet, seeing that I have not set foot in a quilt shop or ordered anything online since spring, we will see!

With the blink of an eye, summer became fall, with a chill in the air and colour everywhere.  The weatherman predicted a dry, warm autumn, but it has been raining for days and is as cold as can be.  Still, it is going to be an excellent adventure and not even the rain can put a damper on things.


I began a new project, the time was right, Hocuspocusville, by Crab-apple Hill.  One of my favourite blocks is The Black Cauldron, so I started with that one.  Spider Soup and Worms Alfredo, now doesn't that make your mouth water?
 

Such a very busy season and I have been working overtime to see that everything on my To-Do List gets checked off.  This has left little time for quilting the past few weeks, other than stitching up my weekly Dear Jane block and cutting out pieces for a quilt called Crazy Cats.  My sister is machine piecing it, which is good, because I'm not that crazy about the Buggy Barn method.  Anyway,  if all goes well, this will be a Christmas gift for my other sister.

Now, I must pack my bags and get a good night's sleep, as soon it will be time to hit the road.

Until next time.....happy quilting!

Karen

10 comments:

sunny said...

Have a wonderful adventure! We've had cold and rain, too, but I think it's going to get better this week. Live it up!!

Diane (di) said...

Hocuspocusville looks like it will be a lot of fun. Have a wonderful time on your road trip Karen!

Melanie said...

Great photos--- love that stitchery....I'd give you a "waiver" everyone deserves a quilt treat on trip... hang in there....

Gail said...

Have a lovely trip! It's been a long dry spell on fabric buying, are you sure you can't just buy some?

Quiltpassion.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I didn't have time to email.
I love your stitchery, I don't know it, so I'm love to see more! Here we have summer at last, but they say that tomorrow it will be over.
Good of you, you haven't bought fabric for such a long time, I think you may buy a little on your trip, have a nice journey!
Happy quilting, Cisca

Latane Barton said...

Can't wait to see where all you end up and if you can keep your hands (and money) off all that yummy fabric in the stores!! Have a great trip.

Paula said...

Hocuspocusville looks interesting and pretty, I'm looking forward seeing some more. Nice fall pictures.
Have a safe and a wonderful trip and buy many many yards of beautiful fabrics and show us when you come back.

Jen said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy the adventure.Hope the weather is kind. Look foreward to seeing some photos when you return .

Betsy said...

Karen if I purchase Hocuspockus, do you think I can incorporate applique in it instead of all stitching? It looks interesting.

Carin said...

Im have the pattern of Hocusville too but haven't started yet.
Are you stitching with one or two threads if I may ask.
And YES ... its Fall ... best time of the year. love your pumpkins picture !