February turned out to be a very good clamshell month. Not only did I stitch down 35 clamshells, I also basted 135 more. All the paper templates, except for around the edges, I removed as I stitched down the new shells. I was nervous about doing this, but it worked out just fine and makes it so much easier to handle. The clamshells also look much nicer with the basting thread gone. I now have 138 clamshells pieced together.
Just out of interest, I started counting the minutes of the various stages of the clamshell process and concluded that I spend approximately 30 minutes with each clamshell. Now, times that by 720 clamshells, I think I'm going to be busy for a very long time!