Monday, November 23, 2009

Stars and Angels


Stars and Angels came about from a Kim Diehl pattern I found in an April 2001 American Patchwork & Quilting magazine, called Homespun Hollow. I wasn't ready to make such a large quilt at the time, so I just make the section with the stars and angels. I added some hearts, which were really leaves in the original pattern.  If you look closely you can see that I hand quilted stars around the border, swirls around the angels and outlined pretty much everything else.

Pieced in 2004 and hand quilting in 2005. This was my second quilt. Check out the angel with the blue dress, her head is half way down her arm! I'm not sure how that happened, but it does add to the folk art look of the quilt.

Until next week.....happy quilting!

Karen

18 comments:

Betsy said...

Karen , delightful

Ruth said...

It's a darling quilt! I love the angels.

Funoldhag said...

So very sweet, Karen. Folk art is such fun. Carol

Crispy said...

Wow your second quilt and it's wonderful!!

Crispy

Karen said...

Darling angels. My style of quilt.

Liz said...

Love it Karen, it's wonderful.
Lizzie
XXX

Carrie P. said...

Very cute and folk arty.

Robin said...

What a fun quilt, Karen! It is lovely, and has such a warm, folk look to it. It's hard to believe it was only your second quilt.

Quiltbirdie said...

It's wonderful. I just love Kim Diehl's patterns. I'm going to check my magazine archive and see if I've got that one.

Meredith said...

Lovely. Second quilt. Wow. I love the white print you had for the dress.

Yvette said...

I think this quilt is fantastic. It is so warm and homey.

Latane Barton said...

That angel is 'cute as a bugs ear'. That means it is super cute. I wonder if a bugs ear is really cute. ha.

Andrea Louise said...

I really love your quilts! Thanks for the visit!
Love, Andrea.

Darlene's Quilts and Stuff said...

I love the quilt and the colors are great
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Lovely work. May you be blessed on our special thanksgiving day.

Browndirtcottage said...

Now this is just w-a-y too cute!!!!!!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh I have to share this with you. I was taking in your work - the feast for the eyes it is - and really sort of mesmerized. Enjoying. Anyway, I was into it and then I started reading your post. Well, everything was fine until you pointed out the location of the angels head. Coffee and the keyboard. It wasn't dramatic or anything but, well, there you have it. Life at Leehaven enjoy the Journey of a Quilter!!!

Annette said...

I really love your quilt and I love how you quilted it.