Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Cheer

I made a table topper for Christmas and called it Christmas Cheer. Pieced and quilted by machine, from twenty-one snowball blocks.

Covered with a blanket of snow, winter has arrived in my garden. I wonder if we will have a white Christmas this year? The house is decorated and the gifts are ready for wrapping. Now, it is time to plan the holiday menu.

Last Wednesday, Susan from Hanging On by a Needle and Thread presented me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Then, on Friday, I received another one from Terry, at Terry's Treasures. What a double honour! Thank you Susan and Terry.

So many wonderful bloggers out there. My list of favourites just keeps growing! Isn't is wonderful what we can learn from each other and how we inspire each other? To be praised for a job well done and to praise others. To explore new blogs and to find comfort in old favourites. I have been asked to pick 5 nominees for the award. That would be very hard to do. In my eyes, we are all nominees of the Kreativ Blogger Award. So, congratulations to you all!

Blogging is time consuming and cuts into our quilting time, but it is also very rewarding. Every quilter knows the importance of time spent quilting, so quilt when you need to and blog when you can. Inspire, be inspired, explore new blogs and praise a fellow blogger today.

Today I would like to praise three blogs that inspire me. Funoldhag (Carol), Quilt it (Marit), and Spirit Cloth (Jude). If these blogs are new to you, please stop by for a visit and be inspired!

Until next week.....happy quilting!

Karen

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the little table runner, but I have to say not too fond of the snow. It also snowed here.

Betsy said...

lovely table runner.

Funoldhag said...

First of all, Karen, I love your tablerunner! And, I want to thank you for the lovely compliment of mentioning me and my blog. I so enjoy being a part of everything that is new today. Life has changed so much during my time here on earth - much of it in the past ten or fifteen years. Glad I got in on this computer age. Again, many thanks! :-)

BizarreQuilter said...

I can hardly believe that snow!! How wonderful!!

jude said...

hey thank you so much!

cowpaddocksjulie said...

Yes the table runner is lovely. I must say I am a little envious of the snow - it will never snow here let alone at Christmas. It must be those story books we grow up with but I always wonder what it would be like to have a white Christmas. Here in Western Queensland, Australia, not likeley!! Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog also.
Love yours

MarĂ­a Elena said...

Hi Karen, thanks for visit me, I see your nice works and love me the fabrics selection that you use , very similar to mine election.

Vivian said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog. Wonderful quilting and great photographs!